Hollywood & Film Locations:
- Lake Hollywood Park (Day Trip with Diego): The post after my first trip to Lake Hollywood Park, an unofficial dog park directly below the Hollywood Sign. Note that the park is not an off-leash park - you'll see many dogs running around off-leash, but the authorities do go by occasionally and they do ticket dog owners.
- The Fountain from Weeds (Ticky-Tacky): One of the first film locations I ever found on my own, using hints from Wikipedia and Google maps! I really loved watching Weeds when it was on the air, and was ecstatic to find the fountain they pass by in the credits. (Yes, I'm a nerd). This is super easy to find, and not far off of the freeway.
- Dark Knight Rises DVD Release Party (Dark Night for the Dark Knight): This is a recap of a great free event held in downtown LA to celebrate the release of the Dark Knight Rises dvd. It's not exactly a film location or something you can attend now, but for film junkies like myself, you might like the props pictured in this post.
- California Staycations with my Niece (California Girls Part One and Two): Two posts about summer in Southern California with my oldest niece. We covered a lot of my favorite places (Griffith Observatory, Universal Studios, etc), and you can read about them here.
- Staycation with Erica (By Land and By Sea): One of my best friends came to work temporarily in California, so we staycationed in San Francisco and Los Angeles!
- Another Tour of LA (Hey, hey... It's Your Birthday!): When you find out that your friend has lived in Hollywood for 15 years, and still hasn't seen the Hollywood sign... it's time to give them your version of a tour of LA! We visited the Grammy Museum, FIDM Museum, the Hollywood Sign, and looked at the Universal set from Blair Drive.
- Staycation with Eugene: Eugene came back to visit, and we really packed it in! We pulled a 13 hour day of tourism on the first day, and two hikes in two counties on day two!
- My Day in LA (... with Eugene!) - Part One: Urthe Caffeé, Beverly Hills locations, Bottega Louie, and FIDM!
- My Day in LA (... with Eugene!) - Part Two: Hollywood, Hollywood, Hollywood! How to get to the sign, best view of Universal Studios, Grauman's Theater, Pretty Woman film locations, and a cupcake from an ATM!
- Trail of 100 Giants in Sequoia National Forest (Hiking with Giants): It took me two trips to find these trees... hopefully this post will help you avoid the same fate. Pro-tip: Map the route before you go, and take a paper map with you. Cell coverage is pretty much nonexistent on the roads through Sequoia, and you can get turned around very easily.
New Mexico & More Film Locations
- The Churches of Santa Fe (Enlightenment): Eugene and I vacation to New Mexico together to visit my homeland. Our first stop was to tour Santa Fe and its many beautiful churches.
- Albuquerque & Santa Fe (Adventures in the Land of Enchantment): More about my vacation with Eugene to New Mexico, featuring some of my favorite places in Albuquerque and Santa Fe!
- Breaking Bad Film Locations: As a former Albuquerque resident, nothing was as exciting as watching Breaking Bad every week. I knew so many of the locations from sight alone! It's no wonder that I added this to my "must-stalk" list!
- Breaking Bad Locations - Part One (Blue Sky Day - Part One): Walter White's house, Saul Goodman's Office, and the carwash.
- Breaking Bad Locations - Part Two (Blue Sky Day - Part Two): Crossroads Hotel, Civic Plaza (Walter and Jesse's showdown), and the Dog House.
- Breaking Bad Locations - Part Three (Blue Sky Day - Sunset): Jane's Apartment and Jesse's House