Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happier Trails

Well, he left. My brother, I mean. He had his fill of Californian life, and is off to find his way... back in New Mexico. He's been gone 3 days, and I already miss him. Luckily, we were able to take a day and bum around LA the day before the Academy Awards before he left (see what a good brother he is - he even allowed me to indulge on his last trip to LA!). We had a ton of fun, checking out the red carpet for the Oscars, eating at the Roosevelt Hotel, visiting the Space Shuttle Endeavor, and touring the La Brea Tar Pits/LACMA downtown. I was really glad we both had time off to hang out together.

Me and Oscar - BFFs

The Oscars Red Carpet!

Totally almost famous ;)

Brother at the Roosevelt, right after seeing a wannabe star

The Space Shuttle Endeavor!!!!!!

We were a little excited ;)

Awesome painted billboards outside of Staples Center

My brother's true love at La Brea Tar Pits

It was such a fun day together, much better than our actual last day together (during which I spent 4 hrs at the doctor sick - lame). My brother and I have always been close. He's younger than me, but probably the one in the family that "gets" me the most. He's also the only one that bears any resemblance to me - something I find oddly comforting when living so far from home. Alas, California and he were not meant to be. I get it too - it's expensive, it's dry, and it can be a little pretentious. These are things I don't mind, but he's much more traditional/simple than I. I hope this next chapter in his life brings him much joy, and I can't wait for him to visit me sometime soon. (Who am I going to go on my fun adventures with now???)

Good luck, my brother, and I hope to see great things from you soon!

Until next time...

--- Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment