Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy Thoughts

It's a little before midnight, and my mind is racing. It's racing with thoughts about tomorrow, thoughts about today, and thoughts about the weekend. There is simply too much for my brain to process, and I need to decompress so I can go to sleep before a big day tomorrow. Rather than sit here thinking - thinking - thinking, I decided to go through old pictures and find pictures that make me happy. 

About a month ago, I wrote a blog post reviewing my bucket list. When I was writing that post, I realized how many dreams I had realized that I had never written down. Bucket lists are fun, but the unexpected surprises life has brought me have given me a lot of joy too. Here are some such surprises:


A random trip to Los Angeles with my best friend - easily one of the best vacations I've ever taken.


A trip later that same year to San Diego with another best friend - best birthday ever!



Flew 200,000 miles in one year without leaving the USA. This included moving to New Orleans, and visits to Mississippi, Alabama, Chicago (IL), Tampa (FL), New York City (NY), San Francisco (CA), Sacramento (CA), Scottsdale (AZ),  Lake Tahoe (CA), Reno (NV), and several trips to New Mexico.


My first Saints football game - with seats in the suite!


First visit to New York City (with another trip less than 2 months later)


Front row seats to Boyz II Men (dreamed about this since I was 12 - finally realized at 28)


Attending my first Mardi Gras - and throwing beads from the best balcony on Bourbon!



Having the privilege to manage properties in beautiful western Wyoming 
(and staying in Park City, UT almost every trip!)


First visit to Disneyland on my 30th birthday, with a first visit to DisneyWorld with my best friend for her 30th!


After many trips to Vegas, finally a trip with my best friend that was Hangover worthy fun!



A year of commuting via private plane - not a bad gig if you can get it, folks!


Treating my mom and my niece to a trip to LA and Disneyland, complete with lunch at Club 33!


My solo trip to Seattle - such a cool experience!



Standing on the sidelines of a NFL game (Texans v Saints) thanks to my good friends K & A


I got to say hi to Drew Brees and watch both teams as they warmed up before the game!


Seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time ever!


My visit to FIDM - one of my now favorite places in LA.


Whale watching with my brother in the Channel Islands


Taking my mom and brother to see the Sequoia National Forest - dream come true


Visiting my best friend in Denver for my birthday - and she treated me to a Denver Broncos game!


Where I got to see my favorite QB, Peyton Manning, in the flesh! So cool!
(Fun fact - I just won a mini helmet signed by Manning at an LAPD Celebrity Charity Poker event!)

And speaking of celebrities...


Meeting Lou Ferrigno - The Hulk! Such a nice, friendly guy.


Meeting one of my favorite actors, Ponyboy (and Dewey) himself - C. Thomas Howell


And meeting my favorite actor from my favorite TV show - Michael Cudlitz from SouthLAnd 
(he was also Tony Miller in 90210 - swoon - and Bull from Band of Brothers)

I have to look at these pictures from time to time to remind myself that even when things look bad, I have been pretty fortunate over all. I am thankful to have a good job, a wonderful family, and a terrific circle of friends who allow me to be me, support my decisions, and help me experience levity even during difficult times. I am so, so blessed and will never for a moment take anything for granted.

I feel much better, and am off to bed. Good night, my lovelies!

Until next time...

--- Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment