Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just Listen

I've had a tumultuous August, full of angst, heartbreak, and fear. While some of this was self-imposed, some of this was unexpected and frankly just sad. I really, really, really wish I could write on this blog exactly what has happened this month - maybe someday I can (please realize that this is not only about love, but also life/work/happiness in general). Until then, I have to just speak in ambiguities, trust that life will get better, and look forward to a long weekend away from work. I'm very tempted to book a last minute overnight stay on the beach... stay tuned.

In the meantime, I've compiled a group of songs that may be able to somewhat convey my feelings of loss, fear, stress and anxiety. Some of these will be obvious, but I know others will only make sense to me (and maybe a few of my closest friends). Regardless, I hope you enjoy the music anyway, and truly hope that each of you is having a better month than I seem to be having.


...baby, I don't want to know.

Cause I'll keep singing this lie if you'll keep believing it...

Maybe someday, someday I'm gonna settle down

And every day is a brighter day...

I have a lot of thinking to do the next couple of days, and some decisions that I have to make that I'm not sure I'm ready to make. Alas, so is life. I'm just going to try to keep my chin up in the meantime, and try to remind myself that I do deserve a life of love and happiness. Life is full of peaks and valleys... and hopefully I'll start climbing again from here.

Until next time...

--- Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment